A Conversation with Sensei

0 Comments »
Today after attended the japanese languages class, my friends and I went to Sirah's Cafe to take our breakfast.Fortuitously , we saw our Japanese lecturer - "sensei" Hanae Nakamura. Without hesitating, Calvin and I went to sit with her.
Below is our brief conversation:-

Calvin,I: Hi, sensei! Ohayougozaimasu!(Good morning, teacher)
Sensei:Ohayougozaimasu.
I: Heard that you are going back to Japan on October, is it ?
Sensei: Yes.
I: So sad to hear that, but sensei, may I know when will you come back to Malaysia again?
Sensei: Well, I think I won't come back to Malayisa temporary. I have to work at Japan after this.
I:Wow, what occupation will you work there ?
Sensei: Confidential ,haha.
I: Haha, it's ok but why you work at Malaysia for 1 year but then go back to Japan?
Sensei: I got my lecture's international license and have to work as lecturer for one year in oversea .
Calvin: Haha, before you come to Malaysia, how many countries have you been visited? Last time you told us that you went to France alone during 19 years old.It's amazing!
Sensei:Erm...Over 20 countries already at that time.
I: That is terrible, I haven't go to any foreign country since I have been borned. Why you have such ambition to go foreign countries for visit?
Sensei: That is normal for japanese people, I think all of the people in Japan love to travel.Many people that i knew in Japan like to travel!
Do you know that , the air ticket in Japan is cheaper than the others country! Only RM 600 from Japan to Malaysia!
Calvin: Actually what course did you take during undergraduating
Sensei: Architecture engineering.
Calvin: Then all people in Japan take engineering?
Sensei: It's quite ok, no so much.


We took this picture when in Sirah's Cafe.













From above , hasty generalisation occur when sensei said"I think all of the people in Japan love to travel.Many people that i knew in Japan like to travel!" This is because the sample she took is too small compare to all population in Japan. She said so maybe she only knew the people who is like to travel. So, the perception is bias and not accurate to conclude that all the japanese people love to travel.Besides that, she support her conclusion by saying that"Do you know that , the air ticket in Japan is cheaper than the others country! This is consider as premise which is support the conclusion. In addition, she also use supporting argument to support the premise that is "Only RM 600 from Japan to Malaysia"

In addition, Calvin also did the same mistake. "Then all people in Japan take engineering?" he said.This is his conclusion after sensei said she took engineering. He is same as take 1 person's judgment conclude all others people judgment. This is very a weak conclusion and we should avoid such fallacy when we talking.
11:32 AM

0 Responses to "A Conversation with Sensei"

Post a Comment